Saturday, January 15, 2011

Haji!


Last October (October 17, 2010) to be exact my wife and I went to the Holy Land for our haj - a once-a-life-time journey ordained for those who are able, financially and physically. It was a spiritually rewarding journey. Talking about haj, I feel proud as I was able - thank God - to perform the haj, finally. My father did his haj before his demise. So did my grandfather. My grandfather first went for haj in 1953 via steamship. I was not yet born then but I was told the return journey took six months. And my grandparents had to bring along everything except the house for the journey including the lesung batu.

My grandfather went for haj twice. The 1953 journey was with my grandmother, who passed away in 1957, before I was born. He remarried and eventually he and my step-grandmother went for haj too.

My father also went for haj more than once. I don't think I could do that, the reason being financial and my physical weakness.

I shall try to make postings on my haj very soon.

1 comment:

  1. congratulations to you and wife...insyaAllah you'll perform second haj next time when all your sons have lead their own life.

    ReplyDelete