Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Talking About Firsts


Nobody remembers the no.2! People don't appreciate the second this or the second that. Everyone knows the highest mountain in the world but who can tell me the second highest?

I get my first 'car' after seven years working in a local institution of higher learning. It was not exactly a 'car' or a sedan but rather a small mini-van. It was so basic that it had no third row seats, no air conditioning. It was a 1000 cc minivan. It was far from elegant.

Like the first love I treasure my first car a lot. Despite its small-ness, my family and I went to almost every nook and corner of Selangor in it. From Sabak Bernam to Dengkil up to Batang Kali, Bukit Jugra and so on. It also had a chance of appearing in one of Dato' Yusoff Haslam's Gerak Khas series on tv. No...no neither my minivan nor I was paid for the appearance. It was not involved in any high or low speed chase either. Its three minutes of fame was due to the street fighting scenes were shot near my office car park. And my little automobile was in the background. My children who were still small at that time were yelling when my minivan appeared on screen...oblivious to the tv cops running after a few crooks! My first car! it was small but it 'pernah keluar tv tau!"

1 comment: